Gallon, quart, sandwich, and snack sized Ziploc Bags (to make care packages), hand written cards and letters of encouragement for our troops
Please DO NOT donate or include the following items in care packages:
- AEROSOL CANS: (shaving cream, deodorant, hair products, silly string, ANYTHING)
- BATTERIES: recharging units, any battery packs.
- BAR SOAP: The perfumes in scented bar soap ruins food items included in our boxes.
- FOOD CONTAINING PORK: not allowed in Muslim countries and our boxes containing pork items (SPAM, Vienna sausages, pork and beans, etc.) may be returned or disposed of.
- FLAMMABLE ITEMS: matches, lighters, candles, etc.
Download Printer Friendly Version of Our Shopping List
Snacks, Foods, and TreatsSeasonal
Snacks, Foods, and Treats
- Individually wrapped hard candy (Twizzlers, Tootsie Rolls, Tootsie Pops, Skittles, lollipops, Life Savers, Sweet Tarts, etc), chewing and bubble gum, mints, breath strips (No home made items, please. Chocolate is accepted October - March.)
- Small packages of nuts, seeds, pretzels, cookies, chips (Pringle type containers best), crackers, Corn Nuts, fruit snacks and fruit leather, squeezable apple sauce
- Trail Mix, energy, protein, breakfast and granola bars, nut bars, instant oatmeal, Kraft Easy Mac, Cup a Noodles/noodle bowls, pop tarts, small cereal boxes (one serving)
- Powdered, sweetened drink mixes (Gatorade, Crystal Light, Kool-Aid), ground or instant coffee, tea bags, hot chocolate, cider mix, stevia, sugar, sweetener, Coffee Mate, and condiment packets, instant soup (Lipton, Miso soup, etc.)
- Canned meats (NO PORK!), stews, chili, ravioli and spaghetti, soups, pop-top fruit, beef jerky, non-refrigerated microwavable meals
- NO SCENTED BAR SOAP, PLEASE. Hotel/travel sized gel deodorant, shampoo, lotion, toothpaste and mouthwash, toothbrushes, dental floss and lip balm
- For Females: Hair bands, clips, bobby pins, tampons, maxi and mini pads, oil free face cleaner, makeup remover, nail kits (no nail polish or remover), mascara and makeup.
- Eye drops, nose drops, unscented baby wipes, wet wipes, sanitized wipes/hand sanitzer, good quality razors and blades, shaving gel and powder. (NO AEROSOL CANS)
- Small Kleenex Packets, Q-Tips (Large packages are fine), anti-fungal creams, Band Aids, medicated foot powder, sunscreen, cotton calf length socks
- Gallon, Quart, Sandwich, and Snack Sized Ziploc Bags (to make care packages)
- Hand written cards and letters of encouragement for our troops
Entertainment and Leisure
- DVDs, CDs, game consoles and games (even older models as long as you have the connectors), AAA and AA batteries, pens, pencils, blank greeting cards and stationary, stickers, AT&T phone cards, adult color and puzzle books, colored pencils and sharpeners, playing cards, dice, hand held games and puzzles, funny papers and crossword page from newspapers
- Hand and foot warmers, gloves, sun glasses, neck coolers
Most Requested Items
- Beef jerky, microwavable meals, soups (no pork please)
- Mach III Razor and cartridges, dental supplies.
- DVDs, CDs
- AA and AAA Batteries, AT&T Phone Cards
DONATION SITESItems may be shipped to, or brought to our main drop off location: Operation: Care and Comfort c/o American Red Cross 2731 North First Street San Jose, CA 95134 Office Hours: Mon-Fri | 9am-5pm Additional Drop Off Locations:
Operation: Care and Comfort c/o American Red Cross
2731 North First Street
San Jose, CA 95134
Mon-Th | 9am-3pm
Milpitas Smile Design
414 south Main Street
Milpitas, CA 95035
M-Th-F 9 to 6; Tu and Wed 9 to 5
Premier Dental Care
195 Meridian St A-5
Hollister, CA 95023
M - Th | 9am - 6pm